Roasted Radishes with Bacon or Balsamic
4 - 6
Co+op, Stronger Together
This earthy dish works best alongside simple roasted or grilled meats and poultry. Omit the bacon and add a splash of balsamic vinegar for a piquant vegetarian option that pairs well with mac and cheese.
- 1 pound (about 3 cups) radishes
- 4 slices uncooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- Pinch each of salt and black pepper
- Greens of your choice, such as baby spinach
â€‹For vegetarian version:
- Balsamic vinegar and olive oil instead of bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Oil a rimmed sheet pan.
- Cut the radishes in half after removing leaves, and dice the bacon. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and lay out on the sheet pan. If preparing without bacon, add a little extra salt.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the bacon is well-cooked and the radishes are tender. Drain off some of the bacon grease before serving. If preparing the vegatarian version, toss now with a splash of balsamic and oliv oil.
- Serve warm on a bed of fresh greens
- Toss with a little sharp cheese, like blue cheese
- Roast with chopped shallots
Original recipe at www.strongertogether.coop.