Ideas for Mother's Day
Relaxation? Appreciation? Togetherness? However you’d like to treat Mom this Mother’s Day, we’ve got ideas to help you craft something special. Here are some suggestions from our curated offerings throughout the store to get you started:
Fresh, colorful, artfully designed bouquets that Mom is sure to adore.
- Greeting Cards
You know she’s going to keep it forever, so pen your Mother’s Day message in a gorgeous, regionally-inspired greeting card.
- Plant Starts
From hardy greens to lush Scotch moss and fragrant lavender, a basket of these organic, Bellingham-grown plant starts would make the perfect gift for green-thumbed moms.
Don’t skip the mimosas! No, really… don’t skip the mimosas.
Breakfast-in-bed recipe idea: Fresh Berry Parfait with Muesli Honey Bars
A simple and delicious treat featuring berries of any kind, yogurt, and homemade muesli bars!
Recipe from: Co+op, Stronger Together
Muesli Honey Bars:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup (half a stick) unsalted butter
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces muesli of your choice
- 4 cups fresh berries of your choice, chopped
- 8 cups vanilla or plain yogurt
- Honey for topping
- For the Muesli Honey Bars: Butter a shallow 11x17-inch baking pan and line with wax paper. In a large bowl set over a pan of simmering water, combine honey, butter, and chocolate, and stir until melted and combined. Remove from heat and stir in all but 1/4 cup muesli. Pour into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle and press remaining muesli on top and refrigerate 1-2 hours, until set. Remove from pan and cut into 8-16 bars.
- For the parfaits: In a large glass, layer fruit and yogurt until full. Top with additional berries and a squeeze of honey.
- Push one Muesli Honey Bar into the top of each parfait to serve, or crumble one bar over each parfait.
Or for a more savory take on Mother's Day brunch, try this Asparagus and Bell Pepper Quiche recipe!
Find lots more ideas for Mother's Day recipes at strongertogether.coop
Happy Mother’s Day!
Date: Wednesday May 04, 2016
Category: Tips & Ideas
[ Blog Home ]