House Prepped Produce is here!
House Prepped Produce is Here!
Whether you’re whipping together a quick weeknight meal or creating a Holiday feast, allow us to help you save time on preparing some of your veggies. Now in our Produce department you can find an array of House Prepped vegetables such as onions, celery, and butternut squash.
Our House Prepped butternut squash is perfect for the following weeknight meal. It’s especially easy since you can buy premade Gnocchi such as DeLallo’s or Cucina Fresca’s. (Central Co-op also carries Capello’s Gluten Free Paleo Gnocchi!) To make it vegetarian, just skip the bacon and substitute vegetable broth. This is an adaptation from a Cook’s Illustrated recipe, and lends itself well to fitting your personal tastes, and refrigerator contents. So try it as is, or give it your own personal spin.
Gnocchi with Squash, Spinach, and Bacon
- 3T unsalted butter
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- ½ lb House Prepped butternut squash (cut into ½ inch pieces)
- 2 T minced fresh thyme
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb gnocchi
- 4 oz baby spinach
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon until crisp, and then transfer to a paper-lined plate.
- Add butter and squash to empty skillet and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add thyme and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in wine and cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth and cook until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add gnocchi and 1 tablespoon salt to boiling water and cook until gnocchi float to surface.
- Reserve ½ cup cooking water, drain gnocchi, and return to pot.
- Add squash mixture to pot and stir to combine.
- Stir in spinach until just wilted, adding reserved pasta water as needed.
- Stir in bacon and season with salt & pepper.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan or asiago.
Date: Wednesday November 30, 2016
Category: In The Co-op
[ Blog Home ]