Spring is Here and Your Garden Beckons!
Just in time for spring the sun has been making appearances, reminding all of us that it's time to get out in the garden. Central Co-op has a wide selection of the things you needs to get your garden started right, such as:
- A wide variety of organic vegetable and flower seeds from Uprising Seeds of Bellingham, a small family-run seed farm that was Washington's first 100% Certified Organic seed company. They are committed to strengthening the public commons of seed genetics by working to preserve and improve open-pollinated varieties keeping biodiversity strong through adaptability and resilience.
- Veggie and flower starts from Cascade Cuts, also of Bellingham. Cascade Cuts owner Paul Troutman uses compost tea and beneficial insects to keep his organic starts healthy and beautiful.
- Potting soil, like Sungro Horticulture’s Natural & Organic Potting Mix, an all-purpose mix recommended for containers and raised beds.
- Gardening gloves and tools, like Down to Earth Nitrile Gloves. Breathable, durable, lightweight and comfortable, they’re just what you need keep those fingers nimble while staying clean and protected.
- We even have gardening soap! Island Thyme Natural Bodycare’s Gardener’s Scrub. Island Thyme creates botanically-based skin and body care products in small batches from their farm and apothecary studio in the San Juan Islands. Their Gardener’s Scrub is a spicy scented bar that combines scrubby pumice and skin healing comfrey root. It’s designed to clean and soothe hard working hands.
So put on your boots, find that sun hat and get to growing!
Date: Wednesday March 22, 2017
[ Blog Home ]