Protecting Our Health: COVID-19 Precautions
In this public health emergency, our top priority is ensuring the health and safety of our staff, members, and shoppers. In the interest of our community and based on decisions made by other local and national organizations regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we have taken the following measures to prevent the spread of the virus:
- Hours of Operation
- We will now be closing both stores at 8pm in order to make more time for cleaning
- The hours from 6-8am (Seattle) and 8-10am (Tacoma) will still be reserved for the elderly and at-risk individuals
- We are working towards sanitizing all highly touched surfaces as many times throughout the day as is possible
- We are discouraging the use of reusable shopping bags and are waving the bag fee. If shoppers bring their own bags, they must bag their grocieries themselves.
- We are no longer allowing shoppers to bring in their own reusable containers
- Latex gloves are available for shoppers at the front of the stores
- Plexiglass barriers have been purchased for all checkout stations. They have been installed in Seattle and will soon be installed in Tacoma.
- Personal protective face masks for employees have been ordered
- All pastries have been moved behind the café counter for purchase
- Bathrooms in our Seattle store have been closed to the public
- Maintaining Social Distance
- Our seating areas have been closed
- We have placed tape on the floors in front of our cash registers and Deli counter marking out the proper six foot distance
- We are only using every other cash register
- We are placing more signage around the store encouraging folks to keep a safe distance
- Stock Levels
- Like all other grocery stores in the city and across the nation, we are experiencing much higher than normal out-of-stocks. Our distributors are running low on many essential items, but we are trying to get in whatever we can
- We have canceled all workshops and Adult Beverage Tastings until further notice
We ask that our shoppers take the following precautions to help us protect the public health and to continue to provide our community with the food and supplies they need:
- Please wipe down your carts when you enter the store
- Our Seattle store has a hand-washing sink in the front of the store that you can use before, during and after your shop!
- Please move through the store quickly – if you see a friend, connect with them in outside of the store
- Please only buy what you need and avoid stockpiling
- If you are feeling at all sick or may have been in contact with someone that has or has been exposed to COVID-19, please stay home. We encourage our Seattle customers to get your groceries delivered to you with Instacart!
We’d like to thank our employees and vendors for all their hard work to allow us to continue to be a community resource, and our community for showing such incredible support and understanding. We’re all in this together!