Rainbow Chard Bocconcini Salad
From the Central Co-op kitchen
Adding fresh chard to basil, sweet tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella balances the richness of this favorite summer salad and makes a beautiful dish. Cutting the tomatoes in half to release their juices and including the liquid from the mozzarella adds flavor to the dressing.
- 1 small bunch or about 2/3rds a large bunch of chard (we like the color contrast of rainbow chard)
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella bocconcini
- 2 TB chopped fresh basil, or to taste
- 1/8th to ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt, pepper, and red chili flakes, to taste
- Halve the tomatoes and toss with the bocconcini, including the liquid from the package. Add the fresh basil and salt, pepper, and a few chili flakes.
- Drizzle with olive oil and combine gently.
- Coarsely chop the chard and toss the salad together. Taste the salad; add more olive oil, salt, pepper, or chili flakes if needed.
- Find a nice patch of outdoors and enjoy the salad al fresco!
Keywords: salad, chard, mozzarella, tomatoes, gluten-free, easy