2 cups cubed butternut squash
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 heaping cup chopped leeks
2 celery stalks, chopped
¼ cup dry white wine
3 garlic cloves, minced
Heaping ¼ cup chopped fresh sage
2 tsp minced fresh rosemary
Heaping 5 cups cubed sourdough bread
1 ½ cups vegetable broth
1 ½ cups chopped apple
¾ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup finely chopped Deglet Noor dates
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400? F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay out squash cubes on pan and drizzle with olive oil, and pinches of salt and pepper. Roast 25 minutes or until tender.
2. Reduce oven heat to 350?F and lightly grease a 7.5”x10” (or similar) pan with olive oil.
3. In a large skillet, heat 1 T oil over medium heat. Add leeks, celery, pinch of salt and pepper and cook until translucent, ~5-7 minutes. Add wine, stir and cook additional 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
4. In a large bowl mix bread and 1 cup of broth, gently toss until bread is evenly coated. Transfer to the baking dish and mix in apples and walnuts. Drizzle remaining broth over top and mix in squash, dates, and sage leaves. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bread on top is golden brown.
16th & Madison, Seattle [ Map ]
Open Daily: 7am - 10pm
1600 E Madison St, Seattle
Pearl & 46th, Tacoma [ Map ]
Open Daily: 7:30am – 9pm
4502 North Pearl Street
Follow us on:
© Copyright Central Co-op . All Rights Reserved.