3-4 Arkansas Black apples, sliced but not peeled
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
½ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp ground cinnamon, cloves, or allspice
¼ cup unsalted butter
3 tbsp apple cider
1. Stir together the brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a large cast-iron or non-stick skillet over medium heat.
3. Add half the apple slices in a single layer to the skillet. Cook, turning once, until slightly softened but still firm, about 2-3 minutes per side.
4. Transfer the cooked apples to a plate with a slotted spoon. Repeat process with remaining apples.
5. Return cooked apple slices to hot skillet and add cider and the brown sugar mixture.
6. Cook over medium heat, gently turning occasionally until apples are glazed, browned, and tender- approximately 3-4 minutes.
7. Transfer fried apples to a serving bowl. Serve warm.