Enjoy on your morning oatmeal, toast, or pancakes, serve with goat cheese or brie for a snack, or spoon some onto your ice cream -- the opportunities for roasted strawberries are endless!
- 1 pound of strawberries, hulled and halved
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking tray (with sides) with parchment paper.
- Mix all of the ingredients except the strawberries in a small bowl. Place the strawberries in a larger bowl and pour the liquid over them. Toss the strawberries around to coat them thoroughly.
- Remove the strawberries from the liquid and spread them out over the baking sheet, then dispose of the remaining liquid. Roast them for 40-45 minutes. They should stay fresh in the fridge for about a week.
Original recipe at scaredycatkitchen.com