Cricket Recipe: Gluten Free Blueberry Crumble Muffins
Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall
Next Millennium Foods
These muffins are the perfect morning protein boost. A real treat, even the next day! The berries, applesauce, Protein2050 cricket flour, and eggs make waking up easy.
For the muffins:
- 1/3 cup Protein2050 Cricket Flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
For the crumble topping:
- 1/3 cup walnuts and pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Dash of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place paper liners in 8 muffins cups.
- In a medium bowl, use a whisk to combine the dry ingredients: Protein2050 Cricket Flour, coconut flour, sorghum flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl combine the applesauce, vanilla, maple syrup, and eggs. Blend well using a hand mixer.
- Add the mixed dry ingredients to the mixed wet ingredients, and blend to combine. With your hand mixer on low speed, slowly add the sunflower oil. Mix well.
- Fold in the blueberries, saving a few to add on top before they hit the oven for muffin-beautification.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the crumble topping together.
- Fill muffins cups 2/3 full and top evenly with a teaspoon of crumble topping and the blueberries you saved.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick that has pierced the muffin center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes.
- You won’t have to call the gang down, because the aroma does it for you!
Keywords: gluten-free, crickets, insects, breakfast