Cricket Recipe: Spinach and Radicchio Salad with Walnut-Balsamic Ento-Vinaigrette
Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall
Next Millennium Foods
This elegant, nutty, and unique salad is both bright and rich at the same time. Those who love it crave it AND eat the leftovers of those who don’t! It's a wicked starter salad for the food adventurer!
For the Walnut-Balsamic Ento-Vinaigrette:
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons (12g) Protein2050 Cricket Flour
- 3 teaspoons honey
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
*This dressing is always best made a little ahead of time so the flavors can meld.
For the salad:
- 3 cups baby spinach, freshly washed
- 3 cups radicchio, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, sliced thin on an angle
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup organic grapes, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup crumbled chevre or goat’s cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together the walnut oil, balsamic, and honey.
- When blended, whisk in Protein2050 Cricket Flour. Season with salt and pepper, and then set aside.
- In a larger bowl combine the spinach, radicchio, celery, walnuts and grapes, and give them all a toss.
- Plate the salad and top with the goat cheese. Finish off with a drizzle of the fragrant nutty Ento-Vinaigrette and you're ready to wow!
Original post at nextmilleniumfarms.com
Keywords: salad, crickets, insects, Paleo