Grilled Summer Herb Garden Pizza
Love and Lemons
These grilled tomato, mozzarella & herb pizzas are perfect for beautiful summer weeknights (+weekends, too)! Enjoy a healthy dinner in less than 30 minutes.
Recipe by Love and Lemons.
- Pizza dough (I used pre-made dough)
- Garlic oil, for brushing dough (1 garlic clove + ¼ cup olive oil)
- Fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced (if vegan, Daiya cheese, or no cheese)
- 1-2 small tomatoes per pizza, sliced
- Fresh herbs, chopped (whatever you have/like… I used thyme, sage, basil and parsley)
- Heat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. If you’re using an indoor grill pan, also preheat your oven broiler – if you want bubbling cheese, you will have to finish it in the oven.
- Roll out your pizza dough with a bit of flour so that it’s not super-sticky (you don’t want it to completely stick to the grill). Divide into four ovals for individual pizzas.
- Brush the dough with a bit of the garlic oil and place on the hot grill. The time you will grill each side will depend on how thin you have rolled out your dough. I grilled mine for 4-5 minutes per side. Using grill-safe tongs, you can slightly lift up a corner to look and see if black grill marks are starting to form. Once the first side has nice black grill marks, flip it over.
- From here you have two choices: If you’re using an outdoor grill, place the cheese, tomatoes, and herbs on the already-cooked side of the dough and shut the top of the grill until the dough is cooked through.
- If you’re using a grill pan, finish grilling the second side of the dough. Remove and place on a baking sheet. Place the cheese, tomatoes, and herbs on the pizza and broil it in the oven for another 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling.