Lemon-Mustard Turkey Marinade
Central Co-op Deli staff, 16th & Madison
The age old question: How do we get a moist, juicy turkey for Thanksgiving dinner? Many people have turned to brining as the ultimate solution. Here’s a great recipe that combines the concept of brining and marinating your turkey that gives it a wonderfully juicy end result with a kick of flavor. This recipe should cover a bird up to 22lbs, duplicate if necessary!
- 1 Cup Lemon Juice
- 3 Lemons (Sliced)
- 3 Cups Water
- 3 Cups Canola/Vegetable oil
- ½ Bunch Fresh Rosemary (Roughly Chopped)
- ¼ Cup Dijon Mustard
- 2 TBS Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Combine all ingredients and immerse your turkey in this mixture for 4-12 hours, refrigerated.
- Remove from marinade. Place the turkey on a wire rack inside a roasting pan.
- Roast in oven at 350 degrees until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. At that point, remove the turkey from the oven and let it rest 20-30 minutes before carving. The resting period ensure the moisture stays in the meat.
- Alternatively, use the Helmet Method, the favorite method of our Meat & Seafood manager, Wayne.
- Don’t forget to turn the pan drippings into a delicious gravy!